Monday, October 29, 2012

Sew inspired

I don't get Pinterest. To be fair, I haven't really tried. In truth, I don't really have any more free time to spend on the internet than I already do. But every now and again Facebookers tells me that a friend has 'pinned' something and from time to time I have clicked through out of curiosity. Most recently I found that my ever creative and crafty sister-in-law had pinned this amazing tutorial (in Finnish) for a stuffed whale made from old jeans. Like whoa. I have old jeans! I have a child who loves stuffed toys! And best of all, I have a friend who is from Finland who just happens to be an amazing seamstress! It's a sign.

And then today I stumbled upon this tutorial on how to make a skirt from an old jumper. I really love these and, I'm probably being naive here, but the instructions sound pretty simple. Definitely time to dust off the old sewing machine . . .

No comments: