Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pages

So I'm happy to report having a new baby is actually a good way to get some reading done! I am a multi-tasking mama, but even so, happily one does end up spending a good lot of time sitting and breastfeeding. Where possible, I love spending this time curled up on the sofa or on my bed with the quiet little man and a good story. And I should note that it's not always possible. Often times boy one wants me to play Spiderman while breastfeeding which is *slightly* less peaceful. 

Anyway, at the minute I am reading The Paris Wife by Paula McLain. This is the story of Ernest Hemmingway and his wife during the jazz age, the period depicted in Moonlight in Paris which Stu and I watched last Christmas. I had seen this book very strongly recommended by many in the blogosphere so I was keen to borrow it from our local library. It's very good so far, quite romantic and sad and written in a way that makes it easy to connect with the narrator, but full verdict will be reserved for when I reach the end. It's an interesting window into the heart and mind of an artist.

UPDATE: Egadz!! Just finished this book this morning. I have declared to Stu how glad I am that I was never married to Ernest Hemmingway. That is all.

2 comments:

Debbie K said...

JBN, you should try "The last time I saw Paris" by Elliot Paul. Just if you're getting into a Paris groove..

Julie said...

Thanks DK! I shall put it on the list. Have tonight started 'The Gathering Light' by Rachel Hore. Also in the stack is 'The Snow Child'.