Saturday, May 30, 2009

Blog Interrupted


It's been a while huh? Sometime several weeks ago life got in the way of my blogging and then surprisingly, despite the two and a half satisfying years with APYOC, I got a bit shy. Was trying hard to think of something good to re-launch the relationship, and well, the pressure just got too much . . .

So what's the update then? I can hardly claim that I haven't had time, as I am now officially on maternity leave and leading the luxuriant life of a lady of leisure. I think this period would be aptly described as the 'calm before the storm' and, while I know that soon and very soon the (baby) sh*$ will hit the fan (in about two weeks actually) it is lovely every morning not to have that obnoxious alarm clock sounding telling me to get up and att'em. It's been a great mix so far of napping, coffeeing and lunching with friends and nesting (aka organising and cleaning our house, which, let's be honest, was long overdue!) People keep asking me if we're 'ready' for our new arrival - not sure if we ever will be, but the good news is that we now have a place for the little person to sleep, and even some clothes and diapers for him or her to wear. Game on.

There now. That wasn't so hard. Promise to write again soon x

4 comments:

stu said...

We missed you!

michelle said...

Glad you're back to the blog! We definitely want to hear about your mommy adventures! :)

When you have a minute, could you please send me a fbook message with your address? Thanks!

Mtn Goat said...

Given your proximity to great centers of academe, I really feel the title of this blog should be in Latin. That said, we were starting to get concerned :-)

Anonymous said...

Julie, I've tried emailing you but keep getting them sent back. Send me a quick email okay? Thanks! Mugs.