Monday, April 6, 2009

Mon Mome, I love you

I am generally clueless when it comes to organised sports. I am something of a disappointing Canadian as I don't really know anything beyond the very basics about hockey, football or baseball. And I have to confess to being even more daft when it comes to sports in Ireland and the UK - highly significant events in the annual calendar of football (soccer) and rugby pass me by, and I am even worse when it comes to Gaelic football. I once asked a woman at work who mentioned that her daughters were into camogie if that was a martial art . . . errrrr, that would be no.

So, not being much of a sports fan (or a gambler for that matter) it will come as no surprise then to you that I don't follow horse racing all that closely! However, when the envelope comes around the desks periodically at work with the chance to throw in a pound to draw a horse for the chance to win, I just can't resist. Recently for the Cheltenham Gold Cup, I tried my luck on Barber Shop who was a loser in the end, despite being owned by the Queen! And on Friday for the Grand National, when I drew a horse with odds of 100-1 I was disheartened and thought that once again I had wasted my hard earned pound.

But luck was a lady for me on the weekend and I was delighted when my Mon Mome won me a windfall of £40!! The only annoying thing is that I've always said I'd like to go to one of the seedy betting shops seemingly on every corner around East Belfast to place a bet, just for kicks, and I was sooo wishing I'd gotten a bit crazy and put a bit of dosh on Mon Mome! Baby on the brain, I promptly spent my takings on this lovely changing bag by Pink Lining that I've been eyeing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A little off topic, Guys... I have a question. Yesterday I looked at this site:
[url=http://www.rivalspot.com]Rivalspot.com - Play Ps3 tournaments for cash[/url]
They say you can play online Nhl2k game tournaments on any console for cash... had anyone tried that before? Looks like a cool idea...
Are there any other sites where you can play sports games for real moneys? I Googled and found only Bringit.com and Worldgaming.com but it looks these guys don't specialize in sport gamez. Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

A little off topic, Guys... I have a question. A week ago I had fun with this site:
[url=http://www.rivalspot.com]Rivalspot.com - Wii tournaments for money[/url]
They say you can play online Fight Night game tournaments on any console for cash... had anyone tried that before? Looks like a cool idea...
Are there any other sites where you can play sports games for real moneys? I Googled and found only Bringit.com and Worldgaming.com but it looks these guys don't specialize in sport gamez. Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

Very fascinating source of information. The author made a good job! I even want to advertise here... My blog is dealing with fifa xbox game tournaments. Pls feel free to email me at: editor@xboxformoney.com