Monday, March 9, 2009

Dazed and Confused

Well, here I am - back at my Mac in Belfast after a very quick visit home to Sasky. Was told by some of my *fans* (you know who you are Dr Nico) when I was home that I should get back onto blogging so figured there is no time like the present!

Had a wonderful time catching up with family and friends, lunching and coffeeing my way through the week! Time flew - and my suitcase came home a little bit heavier with some gorgeous gifts (including two fabulous handmade blankets - thank you!!!) for Baby BN :) Among many good days at home, other highlights included family dinner at my sister and bro-in-law's new place, visiting my bro in the Leg and celebrating International Women's Day by going for a truly luxurious pedicure with my mom, sister-in-law and sister. It was awful as usual to say goodbye but was somewhat comforted by the thought that my mom and dad are headed this way in June to meet their first grandchild! Some pictures from the week will be forthcoming but I was (*sniff*) without my personal photographer so the collection will be a bit sparser than usual!

Tonight I am waiting for Stu to get home (returning to an empty house was a bit of a bummer) and feeling slightly more human after some sleep and a shower - funny how after travelling for nearly 20 hours it's the little things that make all the difference! On my flight from T dot O dot to London I sat beside a lovely young woman and one of the cutest babies eva who were travelling to Pakistan - I decided I shouldn't complain about the length of my trip and I was also emboldened (sortof) about the not-to-distant future prospect of travelling with our own little one!

No comments: