Sunday, February 1, 2009

Breath Icy

As I type this Stu is watching Ice Road Truckers. He thinks it's a nice way to stay connected with Canada but as you might guess if you've seen it, it's not really my cup of tea. I think it's scary (because of the expanse of the frozen Arctic and the crazy rednecks who star in it.)

I am reading Digging to America by Anne Tyler on the recommendation of a friend from work. So far I am really enjoying it. The only other Anne Tyler I've read is Breathing Lessons a few years ago which I thought was excellent. I think she describes the complexities of family relationships very well.

A few friends have tagged me lately challenging me on Facebook to write 25 interesting things about myself. I wonder if I can come up with that many things that would actually be interesting without sounding poncy. Being extremely nosey I love reading other people's entries so will have to give it a try myself.

I have gone on another cooking spree this afternoon - somebody might have to step in soon as my nesting/domestic streak seems to be in overdrive!! On the bright side our freezer is now well and truly stocked with beef curry, fragrant chicken spinach curry, spinach dahl, two (yes, two) lasagnas and a batch of oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got that in the book swap!

Julie said...

i am loving it - almost done!