Thursday, February 5, 2009

'The aging process has you firmly in its grasp if you never get the urge to throw a snowball.'

BIG NEWS folks . . . it snowed in Northern Ireland last night!!!

I just watched the evening news, and I quote, 'Let's take a look a the blizzard like conditions that turned people's journeys to work into HELL . . . ' At the risk of sounding all Canadian and superior-like when it comes to weather (which I do all the time and drives Stu nuts!) . . . errrrr not so much. Despite my light-hearted mockery, I will 'fess up to joining my colleagues in watching the flakes from our office window throughout the day and this morning I opted for the very late (even more than usual) bus rather than drive to work on the slippery roads (but in truth that's probably more due to the fact that I'm still a bit R-plate shaky!)

3 comments:

michelle said...

I love Toothpaste for Dinner, but what happened to the Calvin & Hobbs comics?

Julie said...

i loved them but when i looked at the blog half of the comics were cut off by my blog template - very sad! could you see them okay?

michelle said...

Ah, I see. I could see them on Google Reader (that's what I use to follow blogs), but blog templates can be tricky. I was glad to read the the snowman series at least one this year though!