Sunday, June 8, 2008

Viva weekends!

Yeah, the comic has nothing to do with the post.

Anyway, thought I'd take a break from my frantic house tidying (regretfully I tend to leave it 'till the situation's serious bordering on critical and then freak out with a major overhall!) to blog a bit.

Yesterday was a good day with lots of nice time spent with quality folks. In the morning we went out for breaky with Stu's parents - they were just home from a sunny two weeks in Tenerife and it was their 40th wedding anniversary (wow!) After the family time, Stu headed down to the Dub to see Radiohead - I'm not really cool enough to want to get in on that so I spent the rest of the day with friends which is, of course, time well spent. In the afternoon I met up with my friend Sara (aka to me as the Original Domestic Goddess) for a cuppa and lots of catching up with was lovely. Then in the evening I got together with The Celtic Angel and Anon (hehe - I do love the nicknames - makes it all sound more exciting . . . ) for an evening of wine, laughter and talking 'absolute rubbish' (as we are not ashamed to admit!) It was great. Stu thankfully made it home in the wee hours of the morning without incident and by all accounts the concert was great, if a bit chaotic what with the thousands of drunk people.

This afternoon I am tidying (and soon to start some baking!) in anticipation of the arrival of my bro and sister-in-law later this week for a visit :) Here's hoping the uncharacteristic Irish sunshine holds!

No comments: