Wednesday, June 18, 2008

je suis, tu es, il est, elle est . . .

Argh!! You might know from reading this thing that from time to time I have the ability to leave things to the last minute. I was of course full of good intentions as always, but malheureusement, such a time is now . . . !

The clock is ticking as I study for my French exam which is on Friday afternoon (just where did the time go anyway?) And no, I haven't done a whole lot before now, apart from listen to the odd bit of RFI, just to be all cultural like. Anyhoo, I've spent a chunk of my night ce soir refreshing myself on the wonders of the subjunctif and trying desperately to cram vocabulaire from a year of night classes into my lil' ol' brain (that, let's face it, would rather be watching old episodes of West Wing.) Motivation level is not high as, you guessed it, French is an essential requirement to be an employed in Belfast! Come to think of it maybe I should take up Ulster Scots . . . ?

3 comments:

B said...

please don't take up Ulster Scots. please...

B said...

PS Good luck!
a little bit column A, a little bit column B

Mtn Goat said...

Ahh - Julie, Julie - if cramming another language into one's head were only as easy as watching all 7 seasons of The West Wing (repeatedly), I'd be truly multilingual :-)