Sunday, June 29, 2008

Eat yer greens

Along with her winning smile and staggering aptitude for organising a spice cupboard and planting a window box, my sister-in-law R kindly brought the Rebar cookbook to Belfast.

Oh, veggie goodness! It's full of fresh and healthy recipes, and Stu and I are contemplating going all Rebar all the time for July (all or nothing I say), just for a summery change. This afternoon in an effort to console myself as it's Canada Day long weekend and we're here in the rain doing nothing remotely Canadian (which should involve a lake) I cooked Monk's Curry. Picked for its good name and the fact that I had most of the ingredients in the fridge already, it was a tasty dinner. All in all, I enjoyed being in the kitchen just for the fun of it and when all's said and done find myself moderately consoled (in case you were worried.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was very good. Delicious in fact. But who is monk?

-sn-

dunny said...

I look forward to a july of rebar recommendations!