Monday, May 26, 2008

Loadza news!

The past couple of weeks have been busy and full of good stuff. Where should I start?? The biggest and the best news of all is that my dear sister Nancy and her main man Matt got engaged!! We are so very delighted for them - wedding planning is all go and I'm doing my best to chip in from afar (boo hoo) which mostly involves surfing websites for pretty dresses :)

Phew! What's next? Feel like I'm trying to cram a bit too much into one post (that'll teach me for being a delinquent blogger!) I must mention that last weekend we spent a lovely couple of days in the idyllic countryside of Fermanagh with clan Noble toasting my in-laws who are forty years married next week! It was a special highlight to spend time with our lovely and often hilarious nieces and nephew.

The next big thing was kicking off work early one evening last week to head to Dublin to see Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band live in concert - it was absolutely amazing night with a crowd of 30,000 strong outdoors at the RDS. Bruce (as I like to call him) was really incredible (the fact that he's pushing sixty doesn't seem to be of any consequence) and I am now a devoted (read completely and totally smitten!) fan!!

And with that, I come to this lovely bank holiday weekend. While it pissed down on rest of the UK it was gorgeous sunshine here (that literally never happens!!) which was most excellent. We got all energetic yesterday and headed to Newcastle where we went on a 'walk' up Slieve Donard, Ireland's tallest peak. I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I have to relay a very funny moment when I was determinedly (and yes, slightly red-faced) trudging up the last steep bit, only to be met by a smiling six year old on his merry way down! The view was lovely and the wild sea wind at the peak blew all our city-living cobwebs away. Today was spent sorting piles of paper and stuff (needs must!) that seems to accumulate so quickly in our wee house and then sunbathing in our local park. How lovely. I have come to the conclusion that every Monday should be a holiday . . . just sayin'.

2 comments:

Mtn Goat said...

Every Monday??? In your dreams! Does the phrase "working stiff" resonate? Only annoying retired people get to do that ;-)

katevp said...

julie b! isn't it so exciting!!

ninny and matt j.

wonderous.

i'm hoping to make it out for the big day. looking foward to seeing all you b's again!!

love katevpa