Friday, March 14, 2008

May the road rise up to meet you

Okay, I think it's time to post something other than ear hair guy . . . Nuf said.

Despite being struck by yet another cold (argh!) it's been a very good weekend - improved all the more by the fact that it doesn't end tomorrow morning with the dreaded buzzing of the alarm clock. Three cheers for clover, leprechauns, green beer and a Monday off!

The weekend has been very relaxed. On Friday evening after work we went to Boojum for dinner - the new fresh Mexican restaurant on Botanic and Stu and I are big fans. It's friendly, reasonably priced and the food is scrummy indeed. On Saturday we went into town in the morning and then spent the rest of the day chilling in the house - sometimes it's just lovely to be at home and I spent the afternoon drinking tea, crafting felted flowers (pics coming soon!) and listening to the spring rain fall heavily outside. Oh, and being in denial about having a cold as I sneezed my way through the afternoon. Tonight Stu got all cheffy (is that a word?) and cooked a lovely roast chicken dinner for his parents and me - the whole day we've sortof basked in the knowledge that tomorrow brings more relaxation!

So yes it's been mostly a homebody weekend (which is good as I've been contemplating becoming a hermit.) I've noticed that the internet sure makes it easy to spend moolah, even when you can't be bothered to leave the house. Why just this evening I clicked my way to owning some Bic Runga (new discovery for me!) and this Bella bag in Black by Jordana Paige (two words - knitting handbag!)

No comments: