Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Doggone

Year of the Dog is a good flick. Stu was out working for the man last night and I was still sick-o so I enjoyed an evening with a DVD of my choice. Usually when I'm on my todd I pick something really syrupy that Stu couldn't bear, but this time I was wishing he'd been home to watch too. I think it's a really clever depiction of human relationships - laugh out loud at points and also poignant. The dog bits made me smile and admittedly think of my dog loving family (they're canine crazy but in a good way.) Molly Shannon (who I love) is in a more serious role than usual - kindof like Will Farrel in Stranger Than Fiction (which I also love.) So that's my pick of the day.

Speaking of movies, I cannot wait for Once to come out on DVD. We meant to go in the cinema but somehow didn't manage it. Since then many friends have Facebooked me to say how much they love it. I (along with a great many others in Ireland and beyond, I would imagine) thought that Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova's acceptance speeches at the Oscars were so lovely. Stu bought the soundtrack today and I am enjoying it so.

Things otherwise are good - after much coldy-ness I feel more energetic today than I have in a while. Stu's rents came over for an early dinner prepared by the Stu which was lovely. Haven't seen them in a while and it's always good to catch up. I tried to convince my mother-in-law to join Ravelry - Facebook meets fiber arts is basically my idea of heaven and I am a recent and evangelical convert.

No comments: