Sunday, January 20, 2008

Let my love open the door

Just in the door from 'Sunday Night at the Cinema' (that sounds something like an actual event but really it's just me and Stu at the movies on a Sunday night . . . ) Anyway, I almost can't tell you how much I enjoyed watching Dan in Real Life. I laughed, I cried . . . I felt real empathy for the characters and it's got a lovely soundtrack as well. All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable film and I am a big Steve Carell fan. If you go, let me know what you think.

It's been a good and reasonably long weekend. Yesterday morning, on a colleague's recommendation, we took a jaunt to McKee's Farm Shop for coffee and a browse. The coffee shop was very nice for a cuppa and I'm recommending it to any greater Belfast readers (masses that you are) if you're looking for locally produced fruit and veg or perhaps one of those happy chickens Hugh and Jamie keep going on about. Saturday's Guardian had a very funny comic of a man at a conveyor belt in a factory spraying dirt on carrots in order to improve their sale-ability but I'm on board nonetheless.

As they say, time flies when you're watching movies and drinking coffee and here we are again at Sunday night. Speaking of which, also this weekend I had something of a revelation and resolved to make a concerted effort (and do hold me to this please) to stop wishing my life away because really, life's too short as it is. As such, I look to Monday morning with some sense of anticipation. Yeah, right.

1 comment:

Nancy Jean said...

do tell about your lost in translation episode. welcome to my world!