Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Crafty Craftersons

A lot of days have gone by since I last blogged. For this I have no excuse, except to say that I am well and truly back on the hamster wheel of life after the Christmas hols (feels funny to type that as they feel so long ago!)

Tonight was the first evening in a long time that I've been home to just chill. Since Stu is out working ce soir, I decided to get to know my new hot glue gun over a pot of tea while watching a rom com. Let me explain - I have been experimenting lately with the wonders of felt which basically means I compulsively visit charity shops to hoke through the old men's jumpers looking for ones of just the right colour, thickness and consistency. I have been following these directions which are just dandy and tonight I made some Julie-Original broaches! I have to say that, apart from the nasty glue gun burn I sustained on my palm, I am well impressed with my bad self! There is a rather exciting motivation behind my recent craftiness which I reveal to the blogosphere in a post coming soon to a computer near you . . .

The only other thing on my radar (apart from the usual of work/church/friends of course) is going away this weekend!! Yes, I know I was just on a three and a half week vacation in snowy Sasky but just never you mind. Stu proved himself to be quite the romantic and spontaneously booked us a trip to lovely Westport to stay here. I am stoked beyond belief, I have to say! Maybe it's just me but it has been a long January and isn't it great to see the light at the end of the tunnel?

1 comment:

The Clothesline said...

Those Julie originals look great and you know what a sucker I am for flowers. Keep being crafty and enjoy your weekend in Westport.