Sunday, December 9, 2007

Where ya been?

It's been a long old while since I've blogged - even after a year of pretty regular entries it's amazing how quickly I found myself getting out of the habit . . . I find myself somewhat worried that I may have lost some of my readership (a risky business when the 'readership' is about seven people!) Anyway, I bet you've been wondering what we've been up to in the past few weeks . . . It's been a busy countdown to our trip home to Sasky (woo hoo!!) Here's an update of the highlights for your APYOC reading pleasure . . .

We had a fantastic weekend trip to Poole in lovely Dorset to visit Stu's sister Ali and family. We had so much fun with our three crazy-fun nieces playing their Nintendo Wii and just hanging out. (Unfortunately due to stock issues I haven't managed to fulfill Stu's newly proclaimed wish of a Wii for Christmas - yes, apparently he's twelve!) Ever-seeking the 'cool auntie and uncle title' we took the girls to the cinema to see Ratatouille which was very clever and fun. All in all the trip was great - wish we could spend more time together more often!

What else have I been meaning to tell you?? Oh - how could I forget . . . Earlier this week we went to see Josh Ritter (yes, again!) and I am officially an uber-fan (as if there was ever any doubt!) It was a great gig as usual. Josh (yes, we're on a first name basis in my head) and his band are so lovely and cool (during concerts he's always smiling - absolutely delighted to be preforming!) During the concert he mentioned that they had flown into Belfast that morning on Ryanair and I found myself genuinely wishing that I'd been on the flight - I think that makes me something of a fanatic but I'm okay with that.

In between the busy-ness, ever-devoted DVD watchers that we are, we've found time to become Lost addicts . . . sexy Dr Jack, cunning Locke, bumbling Hurley, criminal Kate and what about that thing in the forest???? So exciting and spooky. (Yes, I do realise we're about three years late on this but we get there eventually!) Anyway, it's thrilling stuff and we'll be delving into season two in January (I'm hoping this will help ease my post-Christmas blues!)

We had a very happy day today as our godson Joe was baptised at church this morning and there was a lovely lunch and party afterward. Tonight I've enjoyed some mellow-ness, cooking Nigel Slater's mushroom stroganoff recipe from today's Observer magazine and listening to Michael Buble (specifically the song Home - I'm not sure if I should be embarrassed about that!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hola julie!

i'm just over at ninny's basement suite and i see on her calendar that you are home in just a few days - saweet. tell stu that he can play my Wii (i won it at a golf tournament for being the worst golfer... sortof).
can't wait to see you two again,

much love,
nico

B said...

No need to be embarrassed about Buble - I love him too! Even if he is the cheesiest crooner ever - that's what you need at Christmas!

The Loeppkys said...

Thanks for updating! I enjoy keeping up with your life overseas! That's great that you are coming to SK for Christmas. Perhaps we'll get a chance to see each other since we'll be there too!

I decided a few weeks ago that I absolutely had to have a wii - and yes I am still 11 at heart :) I got one on ebay for a pretty decent price. Something to keep in mind for Stu. Have a safe trip home!

Carla

lilytodd said...

Just wanted to say that I read your blog and love it so this makes at least 8 readers.
I should have introduced myself on Sunday, I was sitting at your table at lunch, holding Joe at one stage. It always feels odd talking about our alter egos face to face so decided against it.
Anyways, Buble is fab, embrace the christmas cheese x