Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What's new in my world

So much to blog about and so little time! The 21st century dilemma . . . I shall start with a quick run down of our busy weekend in London. Stuart goes often for work but his meetings very rarely fall on a Friday so on this occasion I did my scheming utmost to make a little getaway of it! We stayed with our friend Duncan which was lovely and also got to hook up with Big Chris - always a pleasure. Our flexible itinerary involved walking around, drinking coffee and going to a few specialty shops (okay, that bit was of my choosing!) I got gorgeous black boots and we also visited the Orla Kiely flagship store in Covent Garden (a highlight for Dunc and Stu I'm sure) which gave me the opportunity to fall in love with a bag that costs a month's rent. All in all we had a lovely time.

After work on Monday night the long awaited, much anticipated The Big Knit was a smashing success. Six of us came together for a night of knitting and great craic (as they'd say here!) We stitched some very funky wee smoothie hats, I must say. Believe it or not this was the first sort of 'knitting circle' that I've ever had the pleasure of attending and I had a really lovely time - my friend Alice and I are thinking of re-convening for another knitting evening in about a month's time. The coffee shop Common Grounds was the perfect venue as there was much randomness afoot with a few other groups meeting so we felt like we fit in well there! More pics will be forthcoming . . .

Speaking of both London and knitting, I purchased a beautiful new pattern book during my travels - Debbie Bliss Donegal Tweed has several gorgeous chunky sweaters (including a lovely one for men so maybe Stu will finally profit from my wool obsession.) As a woman with still one sleeve remaining on Thermal (yes, I got slightly sidetracked by mini hats for a while there) I am also liking the thought of doing a project on bigger needles! I'm dreaming of doing Kilrean at the moment . . . any colour suggestions?

4 comments:

B said...

Wow! Kilrean is FINE!

Andi and Demi said...

Fun little hats, but I am still a little confused why anyone would need a hat for their smoothie bottle except to help "the age concern"? Really like the sweaters. I have one that's pending and I'll try and send the pattern if it's avail. online.

Hugs, andi

Andi and Demi said...

FYI, I posted my new project on my blog

The Clothesline said...

Wonderful to hear how pleased you were with your knitting group. I go to one on Thursday p.m. and it's nearly highlight of the week. Nice sweater selections - especially the guy's sweater. If you want to know more about Linen Stitch that I just learned last week, check out The Clothesline.

Catherine xx