Sunday, September 9, 2007

Right Moves

I can hardly express how good the Josh Ritter concert was in Dublin last night! His new album The Historical Conquests of Josh Ritter was just released in Ireland on Friday (but annoyingly not in Northern Ireland) and the whole evening was absolutely wonderful. I am basically in love with him but I think that's okay because Stu is too. I should also add that the gig was opened by Canadian Jim Bryson who was very funny and very good - he did the True North proud and kept the attention of the crowd which is rare in a support act. Josh (yeah, we're on a first name basis) finished the night with one of my all-time favourite songs 'Me and Jiggs' from the Hello Starling album so I was happy! I can't wait until he comes back to Belfast in December!

We had a quick trip down to Dublin on Saturday afternoon in our brand new car (I sound like the Price is Right announcer!) We unceremoniously said goodbye to the Mazda on Friday morning and fickle folk that we are welcomed a very shiny black Polo into our lives - gotta love that new car smell! Before the concert we hit Wagamama for some noodley goodness and the wandered around soaking up the Dublin vibe on a beautiful warm evening.

The trip to Dublin was a great end to a very busy week. Stu was away in London for most of the week and I worked my last week in my job - I have been overwhelmed by the kindness and goodwill of my friends and co-workers as they wished me goodbye - I feel very fortunate to have met such lovely people!

For anyone who doesn't know, I start a new position in a new workplace tomorrow (email me for specifics since I am slightly paranoid about work blogging.) I've got a bit of that night before the first day of school feeling this evening. Earlier in the week I was speculating with a colleague about what my veal-fattening pen will be like (my old office was very open plan) and then stumbled upon this website featuring all manner of work places through the Globe and Mail's office blog. Forever the optimist, maybe my new office will look like this one - not likely!

2 comments:

dunny said...

Dublin, concert, Wagamama, and a new polo...what a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

JKB:
Good luck with Monday. Email once things have settled.
cpb.