Saturday, September 29, 2007

Autumn's Here

I have listened to the song Autumn's Here by Hawksley Workman several times over the past couple of days. It's slightly melancholic but I'm okay with that and hey, autumn's here.

Speaking of melancholy, I just finished another Maggie O'Farrell book called After You'd Gone. I thought it was really good, but achingly sad in its description of love and grief. I made the mistake of reading the latter, saddest section in little chunks which meant that over the past week I've found myself near tears several times in the work cafeteria, on the bus and in a coffee shop. Probably should've just read on through with some Kleenex close by - lesson learned for next time!

We are just back from another lovely morning at St George's Market. We met the family of the Beard and also ran into a few other friends along the way. Randomly, I have come away with some beads to make a new necklace (haven't done any jewelry making for a while so I'm looking forward to that) and some chorizo sausage. I now have great plans to cook all afternoon and keeping with the autumn theme, I'm thinking of soups and stews . . . I'll let you know what I come up with.

1 comment:

Andi and Demi said...

Hi Julie, so I'm just catching up on some blog reading and I read that you have a new job? Cool. Hi to Stu from me and D too! hugs, andi