Thursday, August 9, 2007

The Choice

Just a quick post from me as once again it's late and once again I should be in bed! I wanted to quickly post a link to one of the most interesting radio programmes I have heard in a long time. It was on in the morning on the way to work the other day and Stu had to practically kick me out of the car when we reached my office because I really wanted to hear the end (and, let's face it, I didn't really feel like working, but that's beside the point . . . ) Click here to listen to the August 7th 2007 programme called The Choice on BBC Radio Four (this episode is only available for a week.) The premise of the show is that at some point most of us are faced with a single choice that irrevocably alters our lives. The host Michael Beurk interviews people from all walks of life about that kind of choice and takes them through the whole process of making the choice. The compelling interview was with American soldier Joe Darby, who exposed Iraqi prisoner abuse at Abu Ghraib. He articulately tells his story and comes across as both humble and heroic.

No comments: