Sunday, July 1, 2007

The true north . . .

Happy Canada Day!! Yes, it's that time again - hope everyone's heading to 'the lake' for a long weekend full of BBQ's, lazing on the beach, campfires and hot hot hot July weather! I will try not to depress you (or myself) by talking about waking up this morning to rain and much coldness here in Belfast. I think my parents took all the sunshine with them back to Sask-land. Ah well . . . On the plus side there's a Canadian flag on a house at the end of our street, but that is for other political reasons that, as far as I can tell, don't have much at all to do with Canada!

All whining aside, I have to admit that we are enjoying a nice and chilled out weekend. Yesterday we did a bit of shopping, went for a run (yes, I am going to update you on our fledgling running progress as a means of self-motivation) and went for a nice dinner at Stu's parents. This morning (to celebrate Canada in our own way) we've been out for breaky at our local diner-esque spot and now it's time to read the newspaper while listening to some (Canadian!) Arcade Fire. Somebody be sure to paint a maple leaf on their face for me . . .

2 comments:

Sara said...

So on my calendar, it says that July 24th is "Commemoration of the Great Upheaval"...want to explain to your readers what that's all about? Educate me!!

Anonymous said...

Just arrived home from Memorial. Lazy weekend. Fireworks show last night - they set them off from across the lake on the shore opposite the public beach. Water level is high - can't use the path to the campground. That's all. Went for 2 swims. Didn't golf.
cpb.