Thursday, May 3, 2007

Booked!

This is just a quick post to put out an urgent call for suggestions from the oh-so-learned community of Always Paddle readers! Anyone have any quality suggestions of a good holiday read? If you've enjoyed some fiction lately and you think it might be up my alley (I am definitely not above beach books!) give me a comment. Perhaps I should explain further - we're going away for a week to Devon in England on Saturday (yes, I'm just a bit excited about the time off!) and I'm starting to get myself organised. Reading material is a must on the packing list!

4 comments:

the clothesline said...

If you want something American I really liked Digging to America by Anne Tyler. Currently reading Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides which is also very good. I loved Case Histories by Kate Atkinson if you want a good British read. Things went reasonably well today at the school and other than lots of ipods around, I didn't see any cameras - but then they'd be invisible wouldn't they? Enjoy Devon.

Catherine

The Loeppkys said...

If you are open to more than fiction I have read The Tipping Point, Blink, and Freakanomics lately and they are all quite good. They aren't brand new though so you might have read them already :)

Anonymous said...

i would tell you to get some hemingway, but him and the beach might not be the best mix. garcia marquez is always a good bet, and you might like saramago. all worth your time.

katevp said...

jules,
the history of love by nicole krauss.

i read it when we were in the dominican and it is so good.

i also recently read the time travellers wife, which was good, but a little confusing at times.