Monday, April 23, 2007

Saving the planet, one sheet at a time . . .

This just in - Sheryl Crow has recently gone public with a challenge for us all - wait for it - to endeavour to use only one square of toilet paper per visit, rising to two or three the odd time for those (and I quote!) 'pesky situations' . . . Aren't you glad that I use this blog to probe the really deep questions of life? Ahem.

Anyway, things are good in our world - nothing to exciting to report. The weekend was nice (with the good combination of visiting Stu's family, going to the gym, going to church, watching DVDs and doing some cooking and baking) but as usual the days off passed a bit too quickly! Stu worked on Sunday so I was left to my own devices (read knitting and watching Grey's Anatomy!) Tonight we had a nice visit with our friend Cherie who came over for a cup of Earl Grey and a bit of a chill out. This is short and sweet as I must now go and hit the hay and so I shall leave you to mull over the 'one sheet challenge.' Good luck with that.

2 comments:

dunny said...

JBN,

I would also like to add to the challenge the old adage, "if it's yellow that's mellow, if it's brown flush it down."

I read somewhere (meaning, don't quote me, but it sure sounds true!) that the average westerner uses more water flushing (was it per flush? I really should have paid better attention...) than someone in the developing world uses all day...

Plus,if you are only using one square per visit, saving up a few flushes shouldn't cause any unnecessary clogging!

-tree hugger dunny

Andi and Demi said...

Who needs TP anyway? (and I'm sure that pink stuff would cause some issues of its own!). How's the sweater? Very cool about your bro!! hugs andi