Sunday, April 1, 2007

And little did he know . . .

This may be old news to some of you, but I'd officially like to recommend the flick Stranger than Fiction. We watched it last night and really enjoyed it - the quirky plot, the acting and the way the movie was shot were all great. Will Ferrell is excellent in a less funny role than usual and there are other great performances by favourites including Dustin Hoffman, Maggie Gyllenhaal (I generally think she's cool) and Buster from Arrested Development! In a bit of a depressing way, Harold Crick's working life as an auditor for the IRS is somewhat like mine . . . (sigh!)

It's Sunday night again after a very nice weekend with lots of highlights. Yesterday I went shopping with my Mom in a very busy Belfast yesterday (doing everyday things like shopping together are one of the sweet pleasures of having my parents nearby for a while!) This morning we woke up feeling motivated and proceeded to do some serious spring cleaning and banana bread baking. This afternoon we celebrated my father-in-law's birthday (I must give mad props to my dad aka 'The Mad Walker' who walked the ten miles to Lisburn for the birthday party!) and this evening we had friends over for coffee after church. All in all it was a good weekend bathed in sunshine. The smell of spring is officially in the air!

2 comments:

Santosh said...

I reviewed this film on Relevant Magazine. Go to relevantmagazine.com and snoop around for it.

Julie said...

Hi Santosh
Sorry to read about Adam's peanut allergy! Sounded very unpleasant for him. Glad he's feeling better and I guess it's better for you guys to know what's off limits from now on.
I remember your review from when you posted about the flick several months ago - thanks for reminding me! I will check it out again now that I've seen the film.
Happy Monday -
Julie :)