Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Once you Croc you can't stop

I am contemplating getting me some Crocs. When we were home in Sask world this summer they were everywhere (and I do mean everywhere!) At the lake, at the mall, at church, at the pub . . . these brightly coloured plastic shoes were all purpose footwear for the prairies. They were so prolific in fact that you couldn't help but think enough already people! Surely it might be a good idea to change your footwear from a day in the garden to an evening out but maybe that's just me? Anyway, long story short I was pretty surprised when we returned to Belfast to see them selling for a significant amount of British pounds in the oh so trendy shoe store Office. And now, suddenly as the weather is warming up and the days are getting longer (yipee!) and I start thinking about working in the yard (never mind that I don't have one!) and being at the beach (never mind that beach weather is rare here!) I've got Crocs on the brain. Well, maybe that's a bit of an overstatement but I will say that my friend Anne-Lise recommends them highly for house shoes stating that they are super comfy and great if you are standing at the stove cooking for a long time. Would you Croc?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hate crocs!

they're fugly.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/ihatecrocs/

Sara said...

I'm an Okabashi girl around the house - have you tried those? They're amazing - so comfy and machine washable. But I was tempted by the pink ballet Crocs I saw recently...

Sara said...

Hey, if you need anyone to do some shopping for you: http://www.flickr.com/photos/downwithdigital/371027082/

Take that, anonymous commenter!

Anonymous said...

Go for it. I'll get njb to mail your sweats and old ball cap.
cpb.

The Loeppkys said...

Julie I have to express my opinion that I think we will look back on crocs as a blight on society of the same noteriety as the hypercolour shirt! However they are apparently very comfy.

In other news, keep your eyes open for the Canada AM crew - they announced that they are heading to Belfast and Dublin over St. Patty's Day!

Julie said...

That I hate crocs flickr slideshow is brillant! Okay, I get the message that you all don't like them, but I gotta say that I might just do it anyway! Not sure - Oh, and Cam, make it the Husky sweats - you know, the ones with the paw prints on the bum. They're just perfect for a casual Friday.
Ciao!
Julie xo :)

Anonymous said...

seriously, loeppky...

old man here. do you even know what blight means? check out dictionary.com and maybe you could do a little research before you post a "big" word next time.

Anonymous said...

Who is this 'Old Man' and what's with all the hostility towards loeppkys?

By the way, crocs without holes are totally cooler than the garden style. You should get those one if you actually buy a pair. They sort of look like Birkenstocks.

:)

dunny said...

Only one word, okay two, for the crocs debate: jelly shoes.

Anonymous said...

old man has arrived at apyoc. i guess it means you've arrived - you're a bona fide blogger. we will send the sweats. should help if you have any big exams coming up.
cpb.

Nancy Jean said...

hey old man. welcome to the apyoc blogging crowd. jbn - get ready for some theological Q's...birks are the best idea so far.
i dropped something off at the Ed building this AM, and had to smile at myself as i passed a uni gal with a sweet b-ball cap on, huskie sweats...and sadly no crocs, but sneaks.
spring has finally sprung in s'toon! now, we wait for the flooding river to engulf our streets and basements. i might need to buy my canoe earlier than planned!
nin

catherine said...

And and Demitri bought us crocs as our "putting on the wedding" gift and I'm hardly ever out of them. They may not look great but they are so comfortable and so far have not created ankle issues for me. I used them a lot while in the US in the camper van - great for running to the bathroom or the beach. I love'em. You'd love the 22minutes take on them as "dorcs".

Anonymous said...

People that wear Crocs need to be slapped in the mouth. After that they need to be slapped again.

Nancy Jean said...

easy, easy, everybody!
and, i trust any mccormick.
njb