Sunday, March 18, 2007

All in the family!

Had a wonderful day today with lots of family - my mom bravely hosted eight people in her little flat for a lovely Sunday lunch on this 'Mothering Sunday' (aka UK Mother's Day!) It was great for Stu and me to spend time all together with my parents, my aunt and uncle and Stu's parents. The craic was mighty, as they say!

I volunteered to bring dessert and last night I made a yummy (if I do say so myself) no pastry pear tart from Rachel's Favourite Food at Home. With a few minor adjustments it was a great gluten free recipe - I'm always looking for new additions to the repertoire for my father-in-law who has ceoliac. All in all it has been a very nice Sunday . . . and even better, did I mention that it's a long weekend? No work tomorrow!!

No comments: