Monday, February 26, 2007

God Save the Queen

One draw back to living in the UK is that the Oscar's are on in the middle of the night so I haven't watched them for a few years. That's really not the end of the world since the show is always a bit too long by the time they get to the awards that you really want to see, but still, if they were on at a decent time I would have tuned in. I made up for it by flicking to BBC online and Santosh's blog this morning to see the winners listed. Tonight I also spent a bit of time on People online (guilty pleasure) to flick through the pics of the best dressed which was kindof fun. I have yet to see Dame Helen Mirren in The Queen but the UK's all abuzz with her best actress victory. I have to say that it's certainly nice to see such a beautiful older woman honoured in a world that normally worships the thin, the young and the plastic.

No comments: