Monday, February 19, 2007

Family Day


I'm wishing that I lived in Saskatoon today. No, I'm not especially yearning for that freezing cold temps and zero visibility feeling - It's just that it's the inaugural 'Family Day' stat holiday today and shucks, who wouldn't wish for a Monday off every now and again? I think it sounds like a great idea - I picture people doing nice things with their kids like going tobogganing or skating and then going home to hot chocolate around the fire followed by a nice home-cooked family meal together. Lovely. However people actually end up spending the time off, more power to you I say. Who among us would argue that Saskatchewanian's coping with February on the bald prairie don't deserve a break today?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those art classes are really paying off.
cpb.

Andi and Demi said...

Family Day sucks for me too Julie. I have to work because other offices across Canada don't get the holiday. It's the most depressing day of the year because there are no cars going to work in the morning and all the "corner office people" take it off anyway. It makes me feel like such a sucker. Boo hoo. I should get it because I have to live in lame Calgary :(

Nancy Jean said...

we should have our own family day sometime soon. i will come to b-fast for it :) you should call me!
hey, dmb night is coming up, isn't it?
nin