Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Random-ness


It's been a bit of a long Tuesday and I have to say that I'm especially happy it's over. There was nothing wrong with my day per say, but I am just very much looking forward to tomorrow morning at approximately 10.15am when Bruce and Annabelle arrive, live in Belfast, at George Best City Airport. It's been about six months since we've been together so I cannot wait for their arrival! Good times (all I have to do yet tonight is clean my house!) I should begin with something of a disclaimer - please excuse the random character of this post - what with all the impending excitement of the parental's arrival I just cannot seem to manage a coherent entry tonight . . .

So anyway, on behalf of Ms Ninny thanks for all the comments about wee Cleo - I was especially happy to hear from Russell and visit his dog's (Captain Jack Sparrow - great name) blog. My beloved siblings, there's your challenge - get your dogs blogs! All the cool kids are doing it!! (Er . . . on second thought cpb, it might be a political liability if it hit the papers because you might look a little bit . . . well . . . crazy. No offense to you Russell and Amanda . . by the way, Newfoundland looks incredibly beautiful in your pics!) Ninny, until you set up www.shawndeecleopatrapaperdoll.blogspot.com, we (as in me) over here at lil' ol' Always Paddle will be delighted to post pics of your new shaggy friend.

In other news, tonight in my French class we read an article (en francais bien sur) about the Canuck who's started the blog Are You My Wife? I spent a while surfing his blog (Stu asked me if I wanted to marry him) but I don't think he's nearly as cool as Kyle of One Red Paper Clip fame. Come to think of it, I wonder how Kipling SK in January's working out for that dude (you're not such a canny trader now are you ? . . . )

Finally, I leave you with some NI specific lyrics from Corb Lund. Andi and Demi introduced us to Corb (pictured above) when they visited and he's of the real good country genre (in a cool/folky/honky tonk way.) Of course I also like his name (recurring theme - how much I love cool names rather than whiskey that is - I leave the whiskey to my better half.)

Well I've heard it said that you can get some heat in Irish pubs
Servin' Jamesons to an Orangeman and Bushmills to his cuz
Well here's what you do with Tullamore Dew, you can meet 'em both halfway
It's time to switch to whiskey they've been drinkin' beer all day

4 comments:

Nancy Jean said...

I will speak with Cleo about the blog possibility. that would be a pretty good blogspot name...i wonder if it is taken?
Hugs to mom and dad!

katevp said...

say hi to chris and annabelle!

Anonymous said...

Hi dear Kate
Hope you are doing well and that you are enjoying your last semester of nursing! Would love to have a visit with you and Thomas in Saskatoon sometime or maybe we'll make it to Ottawa . . . ?
Love
Chris and Anne xox

Julie said...

Ninny
You didn't mention that Cleo can speak too!!! Wow. She really is a champion.
Hugs to you and Shawndee,
J-dawg xox