Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Knitting Pretty


Inspiration has arrived! Knitty magazine (sweet, free online knitting mag based in Toronto - three cheers for Canuckian knitters!) sent me an email today with some bonus winter patterns. They publish a quarterly issue full of articles and patterns and then every now and again release extra goodies. Take note all you stitching friends out there - they have a great pattern archive. Today I got this pattern for a lovely fitted cosy top called Thermal - I'm thinking purple-ish. I'm ready to commit. Watch this space . . .

In other news, the parental's visit is going fab. I'm back at work and so they're left to their own devices in big bad Belfast (it's not really that big and not all bad!) The mad walker (aka Dad) continues his hunt for Sunny Boy hot cereal. Please pray that he finds a source soon as he has already exhausted the supply he brought from the la belle prairie. We don't want his sejour here in cloverville to be negatively coloured by an intense yearning for that special blend of wheat, flax and rye. Some home comforts are hard to beat. At least there's always CBC online . . .

5 comments:

katevp said...

ooo, that is one beautiful sweater.

I am working away at the big bad baby blanket from stitch and bitch.

i have knitting calluses.

how close am i to knitting a sweater?

Anonymous said...

dad may have to broaden his horizons and try the domestic pordge varieties.
cpb.

Nancy Jean said...

tell walking man that i can gladly send some sonny boy in the mail.
cleo liked your hug, but not as much as the lovin' she tried to get from oscar tonight...needless to say, we're getting this girl spayed!
hey, where's my cosy, or toque you make so well? you are tres domestique...who would have thunk it? not i (domestic, that is), though i do care for the orphans...last shift of the week tonight...phew!
love to M and D...and stubird, of course.
njb

Anonymous said...

porridge, that is.
cpb.

Sara said...

You know, Julie, every time I go to Borders I get really excited about the knitting magazines and then realise that I could never, ever follow any of the patterns...but maybe I should start buying them for you!? Seriously, is there one you like? I'll get you some...