Saturday, January 6, 2007

'Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.'



Some exciting birthdays have been happening this week in my world. Well, not exactly in my world but in the worlds of my loved ones. Thought I'd do a post in honour of all these New Year babies because I think sometimes the post-Christmas birthday types get kindof overlooked as everyone breaths a collective sigh of relief after all the gifting and partying of the Christmas season. So here we go . . .

For one, my dad, Chris 'Bruce' Broten turns the big 57 today! Exciting times for this year of his life because he and Mom have now officially begun their career break and are visiting family in Toronto en route to coming to Belfast! I can't wait to see them in just under two weeks!

Also, many happy returns to my friend Liz who is also celebrating today! (Nancy, please give her a big hug from me and Stu - I think there's a party tonight!) Also, my friend Munjula celebrated a significant birthday a few days ago (won't say which one!) and I hope that you had a great day! :)

Last, but certainly not least, our dear friends Dave and Angie Gibson welcomed little Archie William Gibson (pictured above - no, that's not a techni-colour baby pic of my dad) weighing in at 8lbs 1oz on the 3rd of January!! Congratulations to D and A and welcome to the world little Archie!!

Happy birthday from me and Stu to Dad, Liz, Munjula and Archie!!

No comments: