Thursday, January 4, 2007

Always look on the bright side of life . . . de dum, de dum, de dum, de dum


For one of the first times since this blog was born I found myself chalk out of interesting ideas for a good post (some of you may be thinking that several of my previous post ideas have been neither good nor interesting, but since I'm the master of this blog let's not go there.) Trying rather hard to come up with an idea, I sat back and reflected on my day, wondering aloud (yes, aloud) whether or not anything interesting/notable/discussable occurred. Sorry folks, unless you want to discuss budget spreadsheets and report writing I got nuthin'.

This makes me sad. Isn't it unfortunate how the hum drum of working for the man can quickly cause a person to lose their joie de vie? Here I am back at work for only two days and already I'm slipping into dullsville.

My job is sometimes very interesting, but on days that it's not I think that it's important to inject some life affirming activities into the routine somewhere. This happened to be one of those uninteresting (and slightly stressful) days, but looking on the bright side, the good parts of the day deserve their due. In no particular order today I have enjoyed walking the 40 minutes home from work in the mild weather with my lime green nano attached to my ears listening to the playlist 'country' (as in sortof Americana folk type country mixed with the odd Faith Hill favourite), finding V8 juice on a two for one deal at the grocery store (they usually don't sell it and it's usually not on sale), cooking Jamie Oliver's 'Working Girl's Pasta' for din dins (made with canned tuna believe it or not - cheap and tasty!) and reading a really good book on the couch all night snuggled up under the luxuriant fleece blanket that my sister-in-law Ali got me for Christmas (the reading night is thanks largely to Stu's resolution to ban tv for a month - good idea!) Hmmm, maybe it wasn't such a bad day afterall . . .

1 comment:

The Loeppkys said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful visit with Andi. So glad for you! I was catching up on your posts (you are so good at keeping at it!!) and thinking about new year's resolutions. I didn't make any this year but I'm impressed that you kept both your (big!) new year's resolutions from last year. I like Stu's idea of no tv for all of January. Anyway, happy 2007 to you both!