Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Accidental Tourist

I enjoyed a lovely day out in Bangor this afternoon with my mom and dad. We took the train down the coast just a little ways from Belfast and had fun drinking coffee, taking pics, wandering around and doing a bit of shopping. I would not usually think of Bangor as an exotic location to visit (I had a couple unpleasant months working at a deli there and for a while was only able to associate it with my less than impressive stint waiting tables!) but we had a lot of fun today and my parents really enjoyed seeing the sights. It is cool to have them here visiting for many reasons - chiefly I love getting to spend so much time together but as a fringe benefit I think it will motivate me to see a bit more of Ireland. One can tend to get kind of blase/stuck in a routine when you've lived in a place for a while (even if it's not your life-long home!) and I'd really like to get out and see more. Tourist at home hey? Let the games begin!

4 comments:

Nancy Jean said...

You three are the funksters in your cool glasses. Those are great pics! needless to say, you're on my desktop at work...thanks for the phone call today - can't wait for the mail next week! :)
enjoy your time! - nin

Anonymous said...

Pauline's t and c and tyla took her to Red Deer on the 21st to Montana's restaurant--P wore a moosehead and the rest wore deer heads with antlers as they sang happy birthday to her! Looks and sounds like you're all having a good time. Your dog is cute, Ninny. AH Blessings.

Julie said...

hi ninners
those boots that are made for walking :) are in the mail!! coming soon to a toon town post office near you!
hope they fit -
miss you - hugs to shawndee cleopatra paperdoll!!
xox
auntie julie - hehe

Julie said...

hi auntie a :)
thanks for your comment - so nice to know that you're reading! hope that you are doing well - sounds like auntie p had a fun b-day - hope so!
hope the weather's not too cold for you folks.
lots of love to you, uncle k and katy -
julie and stu (and c and a!)
xox