Saturday, December 9, 2006

The Knitty Gritty


Long ago and far away I dreamed (yes, dreamed) of having a knitting blog. That said, the only knitting material that I've managed to post since my blog's inception are links to other people's blogs where beautiful woollen things are produced.

Now that I've got the blog what's the problem you ask? Well the thing is, I haven't been very ambitious on the knitting front lately (although I have nearly completed funky flat-cap on the sticks right now - coming soon!) So, by way of motivating myself (and maybe a couple of you - Kate?) to choose a big new project to get into over the Christmas hols, I decided to post my little pride and joy, Rowan's Salina sweater. Sincere apologies to those of you for whom this is very old news since I finished the sweater in September (I started in January!!) but there were a few friends that I neglected emailing the finished pic around to (Dunny!) so here you go.

9 comments:

katevp said...

Jules! that sweater is so beautiful.
tears come to my eyes at the prospect of you creating that with your own two hands.

it's like a quilting for me.

I am very inspired by that beautiful (and completely wearable!!)

love kate

Sara said...

WOW! So impressive! I was a bit confused by the sudden hair growth, but then it all became clear...nice work Julie!!

thedunners said...

Great to finally see the finished product, JBN! And, by the way, I think you were in too close of proximity with the crime fiction when you saw The Holiday. It is totally predictable, but cute, and that's why we watch movies like that!! By the way, when walking out of the theater tonight with friends (or is it walking out of the theater with friends tonight?) as we stepped outside my friend Shelly said "what in the world is going on here?!" To which the accurate response was, rain.

Julie said...

Dunny
Rain?! In the OC?! All I can say is, get out the winter accessories!!
Perhaps you are right about 'The Holiday' - I have to admit that I was somewhat second-thoughting my tough review of it yesterday. I'm glad that I didn't deter you :)
Miss you
J

Julie said...

Thanks Kate! I am very happy with it although I need to block it but haven't gotten the guts to do that yet even though I think it will improve the shape. Send me some pics of one of your quilts if you have a chance - would love to see :) Too bad we don't live closer - we could start a knitting circle/quilting bee! Is this your last week of school? Hope it goes by quickly! Have a happy Sunday!
Love
Julie :)

Julie said...

Hi SC
Thank you for your comment :) Yes, pic taken in September and haircut in October. Very confusing I know!! Have a good Sunday which hopefully includes Nigella @ 1 and some napping :)
Hope to see you soon!
Julie

Sara said...

Ha ha, you totally know my Sunday routine now! Nigella was making Indian food today and I thought of you...they need to start selling paneer at Tesco, right?!

Sara said...

PS - I'm only going to be home from the 22nd - 27th December, so we should fix a time to get together before you get all booked up (if you aren't already!)

thedunners said...

Yes, we tried to veto all rain in the OC during the midterm elections, along with impeaching certain elected officials (but not the wonderful mayor of Newport Beach, the one and only Don Webb) but alas, we are stuck with two more years of W and even a few days of rain every now and again...