Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Just take a little off the top

Dontcha just love holidays? The main (as in only) item on my busy agenda today was getting a haircut. At ten I dutifully showed up for my appointment and an hour and a half later emerged a new woman. Don't let my creative little graphic mislead you - it was a change for the better (I just liked the comic!)

In summary, I'm still sporting a bob but it's a bit shorter in the back and longer in the front. Uh oh. That makes it sound like a reverse mullet. It's not a reverse mullet. I think my new style could be referred to as 'The Posh', as in Vicky B, but since I hate her you won't catch me calling it that.

My stylist is the owner of the salon up the street from our house. It's a pretty hip and happening place to go as far as hair in East Belfast goes and I really love the way he cuts my hair. As an added bonus, he says things like, 'Babe, this funky cut is going to look so hot on you' and he means it and I believe him. All the sweet-talk succeeds in distracting me from the very high price of the haircut. I'm not going to say how much it is because then I will feel publicly guilty. But heck, I'm worth it.

1 comment:

Santosh said...

At least you got a good conversation out of the cut. I'd pay extra for that too. Also, Shonna never told me I was going to look hot.