Wednesday, December 6, 2006

'Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind.'

The beautiful Nigella's special Christmas series started tonight and for once I felt truly glad for BBC2. (Sara - get your mom to tape it to watch when you're home - it's lovely.) Scribbled her instructions in my notebook so I could bring all you cold Canadians her mulled cider recipe (evidently I've got a thing for the mulled Christmas bevies!) . . .

Mulled Cider
cider (as in alcohol rather than apple!)
cinnamon sticks
clementines cut in halves and each half stuck with a clove
bay leaves (she calls for fresh but I'm sure dried would be fine)
muscavado sugar
a mug of apple and ginger tea

Put all the ingredients in a big pot and heat but don't boil. Serve and enjoy.

5 comments:

cpb said...

Julie,
If you're online, as I'm sure you are, call me at work for a brief hello.
cpb.

Sara said...

Ooh - painful subject. The parentals bought a DVD recorder specifically to tape this for me, and then couldn't figure out how to use it...so sad. But thanks for the recap!

Julie said...

Sorry I missed you Brotes! I must have signed off by that time. Will try to give you a ring tonight (your day) at work :)
J

Julie said...

SC
That is very sad - I would tape it for you but our VCR doesn't record! Maybe they will show it again over the Christmas holidays?
J

Nancy Jean said...

get back to work you two! especially you cpb - especially now that you are our doctor in the family.